With spring just around the corner, Hegg Medical Clinic would like to remind all of our parents and students to be thinking about scheduling your child’s Athletic Physical. It was decided a couple years ago to no longer offer athletic physicals within the school as our physicians felt Well Child Checks within our clinic was the better option for your child. As a reminder, below is what is included in a Well Child Check:
- A complete head to toe physical
- A complete set of vital signs to include height, weight, BMI, heart rate, respiratory rate and blood pressure
- A review of your child’s allergies
- A review of your child’s medications
- A review of your child’s immunizations, along with receiving any immunizations that are due
- A review of your child’s past medical history
- A review of your child’s social history, which includes risky behaviors such as tobacco usage, choices in foods and caffeine use, alcohol use, seat belt use to name a few
- Most importantly, this is an excellent opportunity for your provider to educate your teen about healthy lifestyles and behaviors.
To make an appointment, please call our clinic at 476-8100. We would highly recommend you schedule your child’s visit sooner rather than later as physician’s schedules fill up quickly. We encourage you to check your insurance policy for your coverage benefits as well. Athletic forms can be found on our website, www.hegghc.org. We thank you for your understanding and continued support!