Our experienced and specialized therapists utilize state of the art equipment and techniques to treat a wide range of conditions through physical, occupational, and speech therapy. Services are provided from pediatric through geriatric ages and may include hospital based, home health, and outpatient rehabilitation. Our philosophy is to provide individualized and patient-centered care in a rural environment, while also offering highly specialized interventions that are unique to the area.
Physical therapy is the evaluation and treatment of injuries or impairments in order to prevent, correct, minimize or alleviate physical injury. Physical therapy is a health care profession which provides services to develop, maintain and restore maximum movement and functional ability throughout life. Physical therapy is concerned with identifying and maximizing quality of life and movement potential within the spheres of promotion, prevention, treatment/intervention, habilitation and rehabilitation. This encompasses physical, psychological, emotional, and social well being.
Interventions your therapist may utilize:
- Adaptive equipment training and recommendations
- Apraxia, dysarthria, dysphagia, and voice disorder recovery
- Aquatic therapy
- Aural rehabilitation for the hearing impaired
- Cancer related rehabilitation
- Cognitive training
- Compression garment fitting
- Custom foot orthotics
- Dry Needling
- Energy conservation
- Ergonomic assessments and postural training
- Feeding management
- Functional retraining for activities of daily living
- Hand therapy
- Home assessments for safety
- Industrial medicine and work hardening
- Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization
- Lymphedema and swelling management
- Neurological and balance training
- Pain Management
- Parkinson’s Treatment
- Pelvic pain and incontinence issues
- Perinatal (pregnancy related) therapy
- Prosthetic/orthotic training and splinting/bracing
- Provision of alternative communication devices and strategies
- Receptive/expressive language restoration
- Self care and home management training
- Sensory integration training
- Swallowing studies
- Torticollis treatment and management
- Vestibular rehabilitation
- Visual-perceptual training
- Wheelchair and mobility training
- Wheelchair seating and positioning
- Wound care
Occupational therapy interventions enable people of all ages to live life to its fullest by helping them promote health or live better with illness, injury or disability. Occupational Therapy incorporates meaningful and purposeful occupation to enable people with limitations or impairments to participate in everyday life. The primary goal of occupational therapy is to enable people to participate in the activities of everyday life with the greatest level of independence and satisfaction. Occupational therapists achieve this outcome by enhancing the individual’s ability to participate, by modifying the environment, or by adapting the activity to better support participation.
Speech-language pathology is the study of disorders that affect a person’s speech, language, cognition, voice, or swallowing. Therapy includes rehabilitative or corrective treatment of physical and/or cognitive deficits resulting in difficulty with and/or swallowing. Speech-language pathologists address people’s speech production, vocal production, swallowing difficulties and language needs.
Did you know 1 in 4 older adults fall every year in the United States? Many people think falls are a normal part of aging. The truth is falls are not a normal part of aging, and can be avoided! The National Council on Aging is raising awareness on fall prevention...
Let’s face it, getting motivated to exercise can be difficult! Below are some ideas to making exercise a little easier, and hopefully more of a priority in your day to day routine! After all, exercise improves your mood, energy level, sleep, and overall health and...
Hegg is excited to host its 4th 8-week summer speed, strength and conditioning program for area athletes, ages 13+, partnering with the Avera Sports Institute & Athletic Republic. The sessions will be conducted three days a week at the Hegg Wellness Center in Rock...