Our experienced and specialized therapists utilize state of the art equipment and techniques to treat a wide range of conditions through physical, occupational, and speech therapy. Services are provided from pediatric through geriatric ages and may include hospital based, home health, and outpatient rehabilitation. Our philosophy is to provide individualized and patient-centered care in a rural environment, while also offering highly specialized interventions that are unique to the area.
Physical therapy is the evaluation and treatment of injuries or impairments in order to prevent, correct, minimize or alleviate physical injury. Physical therapy is a health care profession which provides services to develop, maintain and restore maximum movement and functional ability throughout life. Physical therapy is concerned with identifying and maximizing quality of life and movement potential within the spheres of promotion, prevention, treatment/intervention, habilitation and rehabilitation. This encompasses physical, psychological, emotional, and social well being.
- Adaptive equipment training and recommendations
- Apraxia, dysarthria, dysphagia, and voice disorder recovery
- Aquatic therapy
- Aural rehabilitation for the hearing impaired
- Cancer related rehabilitation
- Cognitive training
- Compression garment fitting
- Custom foot orthotic fabrication
- Dry Needling
- Energy conservation
- Ergonomic assessments and postural training
- Feeding management
- Functional retraining for activities of daily living
- Hand therapy
- Home assessments for safety
- Industrial medicine and work hardening
- Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization
- Lymphedema and swelling management
- Neurological and balance training
- Pain Management
- Parkinson’s Treatment
- Pelvic pain and incontinence issues
- Perinatal (pregnancy related) therapy
- Pessary fittings for vaginal prolapse and pre-term labor
- Prosthetic/orthotic training and splinting/bracing
- Provision of alternative communication devices and strategies
- Receptive/expressive language restoration
- Self care and home management training
- Sensory integration training
- Swallowing studies
- Torticollis treatment and management
- Vestibular rehabilitation
- Visual perceptual deficits
- Visual-perceptual training
- Wheelchair and mobility training
- Wheelchair seating and positioning
- Wound care
Occupational therapy interventions enable people of all ages to live life to its fullest by helping them promote health or live better with illness, injury or disability. Occupational Therapy incorporates meaningful and purposeful occupation to enable people with limitations or impairments to participate in everyday life. The primary goal of occupational therapy is to enable people to participate in the activities of everyday life with the greatest level of independence and satisfaction. Occupational therapists achieve this outcome by enhancing the individual’s ability to participate, by modifying the environment, or by adapting the activity to better support participation.
Speech-language pathology is the study of disorders that affect a person’s speech, language, cognition, voice, or swallowing. Therapy includes rehabilitative or corrective treatment of physical and/or cognitive deficits resulting in difficulty with and/or swallowing. Speech-language pathologists address people’s speech production, vocal production, swallowing difficulties and language needs.
Don’t let the stresses of your day get you all knotted up! Get relaxing relief with a therapeutic massage from our specialists at Hegg Memorial Health Center Massage Therapy.
Our therapeutic massage therapists are available to provide relaxation and relief from muscle tension and stress. Therapeutic massage can be an important part of a personal health and fitness program. Massage has powerful healing qualities that can help counteract the debilitating effects of under use and overuse of our bodies by mobilizing the body’s natural and healing resources.
Benefits of Therapeutic Massage Treatments
- Relief from stress
- Relief of muscle tension and stiffness
- Reduction of muscle spasm
- Enhance overall well being
- Nourish the skin
- Improve blood pressure and circulation
- Increase lymph fluid circulation
- Improve range of motion
- Reduce mental and physical fatigue
- Improve sleep
Massage therapy during pregnancy is a wonderful complementary choice for prenatal care. Not only is it a healthy way to reduce stress, it also promotes overall wellness and relieves many of the normal discomforts experienced during pregnancy (backache, stiff neck, leg cramps, headaches and swelling).
Our therapist takes extra care to ensure our pregnancy massage clients are comfortable. The bodyCushion system is designed to provide optimal support and comfort for pregnant women when lying in the face down position.
Our patients have found comfort during their pregnancy by receiving pre-natal massages.
“I love that I can lay on my stomach at 36 weeks and receive my massage with no pressure at all!”
Schedule your appointment at the Hegg Rehab & Wellness Center front office, call (712) 476-8080, oronline. Services are available to Wellness Center members and non-members.
Sessions are available in 30 minute intervals up to 90 minute sessions.
We want you to benefit from the full treatment session, so be sure to arrive 10 minutes early to allow for check-in and dressing time. If you will be late, please call us. If you are late, this will shorten your session.
Gift certificates may be purchased for any of our services and expire twelve months from the date of purchase.
September 20th is backpack awareness day. Are you or your child wearing a backpack correctly? Do you experience back or shoulder pain? Are your arms tingling? Do you have stooped posture? Are these symptoms present after wearing a heavy backpack? Too much weight...
September is Peripheral Arterial Disease Awareness Month. Peripheral arterial disease (PAD) affects eight and a half million Americans and results in narrowing and blockage of the arteries that carry blood flow to the tissues of the body. Most symptoms are...
Tendon injuries are some of the most common reasons people seek medical attention. These injuries can range from chronic tendon irritation (commonly known as tendonitis) to strains, partial tears or complete ruptures. To start, let’s define what a tendon is. Tendons...