Hegg Health Center is pleased to announce the 2019 Hegg Health Center Foundation Honors Scholarship. Up to $7,500 will be awarded to area high school students, college students, and community members who are actively pursuing a career in the health sciences field. Applications are due by Friday, March 29, 2019.
This year, scholarships will be awarded to:
- Seniors from area high schools will be awarded $750. Seniors can be from Rock Valley Community, Netherlands Reformed, Trinity Christian, Western Christian, and Boyden-Hull.
- College level Freshmen/Sophomores will be awarded $750 and Junior/Senior level will be awarded $1,000.
- Hegg Health Center Employee and Immediate Family Members will be awarded $1,000.
The following criteria must be met to be eligible for consideration:
- Candidates must complete the scholarship application form (link below) in its entirety. For candidates under the age of 18 the form must be signed by a parent or guardian.
- Candidates must exhibit a sincere desire to pursue and education in a chosen health sciences field.
- Candidates must reside within the primary service area of Hegg Health Center.
- Candidates must write an essay of no more than 600 words, describing why you have chosen to pursue a health care related field.
- Candidates must include two signed letters of recommendation in a sealed envelope addressed to the Honors Scholarship Committee from a mentor, teacher, family physician or employer. These letters may be sent directly to the Hegg Health Center Foundation, Attn: Ashley Van Maanen, 1202 21st Avenue, Rock Valley, IA 51247 or sent electronically from the writer to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The completed application, the essay, and letters of recommendation must be received in the Hegg Health Center foundation office no later than March 29, 2019.