Grill, crockpot or bake a few extra pounds of chicken ahead of time, or buy a rotisserie chicken on the way home. As long as you have some cooked chicken on hand, with just five additional ingredients, you can have a healthy balanced dinner on the table in 20 minutes or less.
This recipe not only saves time, it’s a great-tasting, good meal you’ll enjoy getting in front of the family without much fuss. Just prepare that chicken and take it out for a spin.
Chicken and Veggie Power Bowls
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1½ cups asparagus, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- ½ cup roasted red peppers, diced
- 2 cups chicken, cooked
- Cook the quinoa according to package directions. Cover and set aside.
- Add the olive oil, asparagus and garlic to a sauce pan. Sauté until crisp-tender.
- Stir in the cooked quinoa, chicken and diced red peppers. Heat through.
Source: Lauren Cornay, RD, LN
Lauren Cornay is a registered dietitian with Avera Heart Hospital. Learn more about nutrition and great ways to make healthier meals.