Try this vibrant vegetable soup using seasonal vegetables.
Tomato and Roasted Red Bell Pepper Soup
- 14.5 oz. canned, no-salt-added, diced tomatoes (undrained)
- 1 3/4 cups fat-free, low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup chopped, roasted red bell peppers, drained if bottled
- 1 Tbsp. dried basil (crumbled)
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano (crumbed)
- 1/8 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 tsp. olive oil (extra virgin preferred)
- 1/4 tsp. sugar
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup chopped, fresh parsley
In a medium saucepan, stir together the tomatoes with liquid, broth, roasted peppers, basil, oregano, and red pepper flakes. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat. Stir in the oil, sugar, and salt. Serve sprinkled with the parsley.