Hospice/End of Life Care
Hegg Health Center provides around-the-clock medical care in a home-like environment while giving patients access to their care team. Our patients receive comfort-first care with an emphasis on dignity and compassion. You and your loved ones will be given the highest quality care.
Hospice seeks to improve the quality of life for terminally ill patients. It focuses on palliative medicine, meaning our team concentrates on relieving pain and maximizing patients’ comfort. We offer care for patients of all ages.
Comfortable Hospice Suites
Each private patients suite has a cozy, home-like design, yet includes the medical technology needed for the care of seriously ill patients. Hegg Health Center can be the home away from home – greatly enhancing the care of individuals facing end of life and their families.
Benefit from other features that includes:
- Natural lighting and open views
- Private patient suites, with private bathrooms
- In-suite guest sleeping accommodations
- Small refrigerator in each suite
- Access to our meditation room
- Daily menu options and snacks
- Built-in medical and technology features
- Wireless Internet
Our hospice suites are staffed 24 hours per day by skilled nurses and patient care technicians to focus on patient comfort and well-being. This includes medication administration, personal care, bathing, meal delivery and additional services.
Levels of Hospice Care
- Acute: This level of care addresses intense pain or other symptoms, such as nausea, severe shortness of breath, or complex medical needs.
- Respite: Five-day respite care is available under Medicare, Medicaid, and some insurances to provide caregiver relief.
- Residential: Some patients choose to stay for extended hospice care. For this level of hospice care, generally your insurance will cover medical costs, but you will be billed for daily room and board fees.