Hegg Health Center Receives the 2019 Women’s Choice Award® as one of America’s Best Hospitals for Obstetrics
Rock Valley, IA, January 1, 2019 – Hegg Health Center has been named as one of America’s Best Hospitals for Obstetrics by the Women’s Choice Award®, America’s trusted referral source for the best in healthcare. The award signifies that Hegg Health Center is in the top 17% of 2,778 U.S. hospitals offering obstetrics.
The methodology for the America’s Best Hospitals for Obstetrics is unique in that it combines national accreditations, Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (HCAHPS) survey results and hospital outcome scores with primary research about women’s healthcare preferences. It is the only award recognizing excellence in obstetric services based on robust criteria that consider patient satisfaction and clinical excellence.
The America’s Best Hospitals for Obstetrics distinction is based on the following specific criteria:
- The percentage of patients reporting through the HCAHPS survey that they would definitely recommend the hospital
- Patient safety ranking based on 11 Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services’ measures of infection and complication rates
- Low rates of early elective deliveries (between 0-1%)
- Baby-Friendly USA designation, a World Health Organization (WHO)/United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) initiative to support best practices for breast feeding education and counseling
- Level III and Level IV neonatal intensive care designations to provide comprehensive care for the most complex and critically ill newborns.
“Pregnancy is one of the most special times in a woman’s life,” said Delia Passi founder and CEO of the Women’s Choice Award. “Our award gives a woman the confidence that her choice of a hospital for her delivery will be the best in terms of quality care and patient safety for her and her baby. As the trend of women waiting longer to start their families continues, having the Women’s Choice Award seal is especially important for older moms who face increased risk and need a top hospital to provide her care.”
Hegg Health Center is one of 462 award recipients representing the hospitals that have met the highest standards for obstetrics across the U.S.
“We are very pleased to receive this prestigious award and be recognized as a leader in Obstetrics. It is a testament to the high quality healthcare our Physicians and staff strive towards each and every day.” – Glenn Zevenbergen, Hegg Health CEO.
For more information on the America’s Best Hospitals for Obstetrics visit https://www.womenschoiceaward.com/awarded/healthcare/.
# # #