For the Second Year in a Row, Hegg Health Center Receives the 2020 Women’s Choice Award® as one of America’s Best Hospitals for Obstetrics
Rock Valley, IA, January 1, 2020 – For the second year in a row, Hegg Health Center has been named as one of America’s Best Hospitals for Obstetrics by the Women’s Choice Award®, America’s trusted referral source for the best in healthcare. The award signifies that Hegg Health Center is in the top 10% of 4,982 U.S. hospitals offering obstetric services.
The methodology for the America’s Best Hospitals for Obstetrics is unique in that it combines national accreditations, Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (HCAHPS) survey results and hospital outcome scores with primary research about women’s healthcare preferences. It is the only award recognizing excellence in obstetric services based on robust criteria that consider patient satisfaction and clinical excellence.
The America’s Best Hospitals for Obstetrics distinction is based on the following specific criteria:
- The percentage of patients reporting through the HCAHPS survey that they would definitely recommend the hospital
- Patient safety ranking based on 11 Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services’ measures of infection and complication rates
- Low rates of early elective deliveries (between 0-1%)
- Baby-Friendly USA designation, a World Health Organization (WHO)/United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) initiative to support best practices for breast feeding education and counseling
- Level III and Level IV neonatal intensive care designations to provide comprehensive care for the most complex and critically ill newborns.
Hegg is honored to accept this award for the second year in a row, and proud to be selected as one of America’s Best Hospitals for Obstetrics. To learn more about Hegg Health Center’s Obstetric services, visit our website.