Let’s face it, getting motivated to exercise can be difficult! Below are some ideas to making exercise a little easier, and hopefully more of a priority in your day to day routine! After all, exercise improves your mood, energy level, sleep, and overall health and wellbeing.
Stick to it, and let these ideas help!
- Listen to music, a podcast, or an audio book while exercising. These sources of media may provide a distraction and allow you to engage in exercise for a greater length of time.
- Put it on the schedule. If you actually write down when you are going to exercise and have a plan, you are more likely to follow through.
- Keep your gym bag with you. If you are prepared you will be less likely to blow off your gym time.
- Sleep in your gym clothes. If you go to bed ready for your morning exercise, it won’t be as difficult to get out of bed in the morning!
- Set up a reward system for yourself. If you exercise a certain number of days in a given period of time, reward yourself! You deserve it!
- Start out easy. If you start with too much of a grueling activity and are sore for 3 days afterward, you may be less likely to keep exercise a priority. Start slow and progress as you tolerate.
We all need a little motivation from time to time. Make exercise a priority for a better you!