AveraChart is our website and app that allows patients to easily manage and engage in their health. Through AveraChart, patients and the clinic can communicate much more effectively. Creating an account is simple and with the app, it’s even easier to communicate with your physicians, look up medical records, or pay a bill.
What is it?
Free, secure and easy way to access your health care information, communicate with your care team and become a more active partner in your own healthcare.
How do you sign up?
Signing up for AveraChart takes no more time than logging into any other website. The site gives the patient step-by-step instructions and lists the contact information for the AveraChart Help Desk if they need help.
Simply go to averachart.org and hit the Register button. You will need to fill in your name, birth date, gender, the last 4 digits of your Social Security Number and your email address. Your e-mail address will need to match the one on file at Hegg. If you run into any problems please call us at 712-476-8192 and we will get you set up.
The same goes for downloading the AveraChart app – which works just like any other app. And if a patient needs help, it’s only a phone call away. The AveraChart help desk is available Monday through Friday, from 7:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. at 855-667-9704.
If you would like to access your children and/or spouse’s information they will need to fill out a simple form the next time you are at Hegg. This can also be set up to see the chart of an elderly parent.
What can you all access with AveraChart?
- With Avera Chart you can send messages to your physician and/or nurse
- See your entire Health Record(Avera wide, not just at Hegg) including lab or x-ray results, reports of visits, and any letters your providers’ office may have mailed you.
- See a list of current medications
- See upcoming appointments
- Pay your bill, or look at your bill
- Quicker replies from medical staff and quicker results
- No phone tag
- Better communication because you can see it word for word instead of mixing up verbal instructions
- Much of the younger generation prefer email/text versus actual phone calls
If you are visiting a new doctor/chiropractor/dentist they may not have your medical history all memorized. You can easily log in to AveraChart and get your list of medications, brief medical history as well as any doctors reports/notes that may be helpful.